ed montforts

Default Dandelion Woes...

Sigh.........!
Had I known that before.. but first things first. I moved to the new house
I've built, on january 4th, and planted in the meadow adjacent to the
backgarden 170 Regent (red, Bordeaux-type) and 51 Léon Millot (red,
Beaujolais-type); this fall 49 Birstaler Muskat (white) will follow. That
means waiting for three years, mostly growing wood, and than growing grapes
for a year, and than making wine and maturing for a few years, and
than.......I bet you that my physician will tell me then that it's better
for me if I stop drinking!!!!! And his name isn't even Murphy. So what do I
do in the meantime? Making wine out of everything that doesn't move when I
touch it. Dandelion was on the schedule for april this year. I picked I
think a truckload of flowers, scissored frantically for over eleven hours!!!
and added a bucket full of various enzymes, acids, inverted beetsugar and so
on. I hated the wine at that moment. Never, never again. But, now, after
just a few weeks 33 liter is resting and ripening in the basement. Maybe,
next year... Now I have read this using the whole flower.......... YES!!!!
That must be it. I'll try in september (second bloom).
But first there are the elderflowers....... Almost out of parselywine you
know. Carrotport just two or three bottles left (depends on whom you
believe: my computer says three; my winecellar says two..) so I must have
something that is ready within a few months. Elderflowerwine is.
Ed

No flowers, no bees,
no leaves on the trees;
no wonder
november.

"Rob M" > schreef in bericht
om...
> AJ.
>
> What recipe do you use for the whole flower? That would be much easier to

pick.