Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dan Abel Dan Abel is offline

Default "Fried food heart risk 'a myth' (as long as you use olive oil or sunflower oil)"

In article
Bryan > wrote:

> It amazes me how much real research there is on fats, and how clueless
> most people who write shit are.
> Olive oil is extremely good.

Yes, I am truly amazed. It's like the guy serving life in prison. He's
extremely good. Not only did he not rape any of his multiple victims,
but he didn't eat them afterwards! How good can you get?

Many people in affluent societies (which most of us who participate in
this group live in), are fat. We eat too much. That often includes too
much fat. It has been suggested, over the last few decades, that people
restrict their fat consumption to reasonable levels, as fat is very
calorie dense. A suggestion that has often been made is to cap fat
consumption at 30% of calories. It pains me a bit to call that "low
fat", but so be it.

Once you've decided how much fat you want to consume, then you can use
Bryan's information to help determine which fats to consume. I've
found, for instance, that I like olive oil just as much as butter for
some uses.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA