Posted to rec.food.cooking
Christopher Helms Christopher  Helms is offline

Default "Fried food heart risk 'a myth' (as long as you use olive oil orsunflower oil)"

On Jan 26, 2:40*pm, Kalmia > wrote:
> On Jan 25, 11:55*pm, "Christopher M." >
> wrote:
>
> >http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/he...ied-food-heart...

> > W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

> Whether sat, unsat, whatever --- fat still packs a bigger caloric
> punch if one is concerned about packin' on some pounds.

If the fat is at the correct temperature, whatever you are deep frying
in it won't absorb very much of it. Which helps a little, anyway. If
you are deep frying battered cheese and snicker bars I'm going to
guess that you probably weren't too concerned about your health in the
first place.