Old 26-01-2012, 07:35 PM posted to alt.food.wine
lleichtman lleichtman is offline

Default Bordeaux, Birds and Barolo

On Jan 26, 10:38*am, "Bi!!" wrote:
On Jan 25, 9:35*am, "Bill S." wrote:

Oops - the Guiraud was a 1989 and I missed this course:

Next up was a simple dish of very good foie gras on small bruschetta
accompanied by a couple of Alsatian wines (I am not fond of too sweet
a wine with foie gras).

2000 Albert Mann Pinot Gris Grand Cru Furstentum Id chosen this as
it is a bit off dry and would better match the food. Reasonable amount
of RS, good nose and long finish, but eclipsed by the next wine.

2002 Zind Humbrecht Clos Windsbuhl Gewurztraminer killer spicy
gewurz nose, sweeter finish than the PG, and notably richer with
excellent balance and a lemon curd impression in midpalate. Excellent!

Sounds wonderful. *How was the 2002 ZH aging.? *I have a few bottles
in my cellar and not sure how long they have.

Mine is aging wonderfully though I only have one bottle left out of 4.
Opened the 3rd one with smoked trout 2 weeks ago.