Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Orange-Lemon Olive Oil Cake with Rosemary

On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 22:40:21 -0500, "Jean B." > wrote:

> sf wrote:
> > On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 21:49:09 -0500, "Jean B." > wrote:
> >
> >> BTW, I have pretty much switched to that raw sugar for baking. I
> >> like the subtle flavor that it imparts.

> > I'd never baked with it before. Don't even know why I had it on hand,
> > but I did. I *really* like that cake! Flourless brownies are next on
> > the agenda. Maybe I should use raw sugar for that too.
> >

> I dunno. The flavor is lost in an intense brownie.

Okay, I'll take that under advisement. I'm new at baking with
raw/turbinado sugar.

> Um, did you say flourless???? I am listening....

The thread about "bean" brownies is what got me looking. I came
across "flourless brownies" which reminded me of Chocolate Decadence
(aka: flourless chocolate cake) and there are lots of recipes out
there, so if this one doesn't appeal - you can find more.

Flourless Chocolate Cake
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...ate-Cake-14478
Gourmet | November 1997

Makes one 8-inch cake

Can be prepared in 45 minutes or less.

ingredients

4 ounces fine-quality bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened)
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
3/4 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder plus additional for sprinkling

Preheat oven to 375°F and butter an 8-inch round baking pan. Line
bottom with a round of wax paper and butter paper.

Chop chocolate into small pieces. In a double boiler or metal bowl set
over a saucepan of barely simmering water melt chocolate with butter,
stirring, until smooth. Remove top of double boiler or bowl from heat
and whisk sugar into chocolate mixture. Add eggs and whisk well. Sift
1/2 cup cocoa powder over chocolate mixture and whisk until just
combined. Pour batter into pan and bake in middle of oven 25 minutes,
or until top has formed a thin crust. Cool cake in pan on a rack 5
minutes and invert onto a serving plate.

Dust cake with additional cocoa powder and serve with sorbet if
desired. (Cake keeps, after being cooled completely, in an airtight
container, 1 week.)

--

Tell congress not to censor the web. Add your voice here.
https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/