Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jean B.[_1_] Jean B.[_1_] is offline

Default Orange-Lemon Olive Oil Cake with Rosemary

sf wrote:
> I baked a cake yesterday and let the flavors develop overnight. The
> recipe called for boiling a whole orange and a whole lemon, but I
> roasted them in foil because I wanted a deeper citrus flavor. I also
> added a tablespoon of chopped fresh rosemary to the batter.... because
> I like rosemary with lemon and orange olive oil cakes.
>
> Oh, man - this is my type of cake: dense and intense. All it needs is
> a dollop of whipped cream on the side... and a cup of coffee or tea.
> It's going into the freezer and coming out for the playoff game this
> weekend.
>

> Orange Lemon Cake
> http://www.notonlypizza.com/2010/06/...e-lemon-cake//
>
> Ingredients:
>
> 1 medium organic orange
> 1 organic lemon
> 6 oz. raw peeled almonds (sf used almond meal from Trader Joe's)
> 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
> 1 Tbs. aluminum free baking powder (sf used what was on hand)
> 4 extra large eggs
> ½ tsp. sea salt
> 1 ½ cups raw cane sugar, granulated white sugar is also fine
> 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
>
> powdered sugar for decoration

Mmmm. Unfortunately, I didn't get a lemon today. (I usually have
more than one here.) Otherwise... Maybe tomorrow, IF there are
organic ones. You never know.

BTW, I have pretty much switched to that raw sugar for baking. I
like the subtle flavor that it imparts.

--
Jean B.