Leslie Gadallah

Default Cooler Wine Kits

Weez wrote:
> Try the Brew King (winexpert) Island Mist kits. They're much better
> balanced.
>
> http://www.winexpert.com/index.cfm/f...t/products.cfm
>
> I tried one kit from the company you mention "Black Cherry Pinot Noir" and
> like you said, too sweet, It was like Dr. Pepper with alcohol!

Weez and all those finding the "Something Mist" fruit wines much
too sweet:

I have found it expedient to put a third to one half of the
fruit pack (the one that usually goes into the wine at the end
after stabilising) into the primary fermentation and ferment the
sugar out of it. That gives a little more alcohol in the
finished product, which I think does it good, and leaves most of
the fruit flavour in tact (although it does change character a
little).
A word of caution however--the fruit packs contain a fair bit
of sorbate, so too much in the fermenter could possibly stop your
fermentation, or at least slow it down a lot.

Cheers;
Les