Posted to alt.food.wine

Default buttery Chard

greybeard wrote:
> "DaleW" > wrote in message
>

> |(where's Lipton, what time is it in NZ?)
>

> GMT +13. NZ summer time i.e. daylight saving is happening.
> Strong ENSO, weather is very wet! Not looking good for grape growing.
> Good for milk however.

Which translates to EST -6 hr + 1 day if you get my drift. IOW if you
look at my posting time on your newsreader, Dale, you'll find that it
registers as 4:54 AM on Jan. 21, whereas my clock reads as 10:54 PM (on
Jan. 21).

In re the OP, yes, diacetyl is the compound, and the wines suggested
will illustrate its presence very well. French Chablis is the classic
counterexample, of course.

Mark Lipton
(from beautiful Dunedin, NZ)