Old 03-05-2004, 03:15 AM
Weez

Default Cooler Wine Kits

Try the Brew King (winexpert) Island Mist kits. They're much better
balanced.

http://www.winexpert.com/index.cfm/f...t/products.cfm

I tried one kit from the company you mention "Black Cherry Pinot Noir" and
like you said, too sweet, It was like Dr. Pepper with alcohol!

I've tried 3 Brew King's so far and all are great. We add 1 pound of sugar
so they reach about 8.5%. We've tried the Strawberry Merlot, the Exotic
Fruit Zinfandel and the Peach & Apricot Chardonnay.

Louise)

"Insprucegrove" wrote in message
Thought I would try something different and make a cooler style wine

kit--was
thinking of the Niagara Mist Grapefruit Blush. Anyone else tried this

(My only other cooler style wine I have made was Blackberry Merlot-and it

word it was terrible. Sickly sweet- Still trying to figure out ways to

consume
it!) I presume that the grapefruit would be more tart.