Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Orange-Lemon Olive Oil Cake with Rosemary

On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 23:46:48 +0000 (UTC), "I'm back on the laptop"
> wrote:

> sf > wrote in news:nkaeh7l5iefbue0fsgpu9tthi02ntte3hr@
> 4ax.com:
>

> > I baked a cake yesterday and let the flavors develop overnight. The
> > recipe called for boiling a whole orange and a whole lemon, but I
> > roasted them in foil because I wanted a deeper citrus flavor. I also
> > added a tablespoon of chopped fresh rosemary to the batter.... because
> > I like rosemary with lemon and orange olive oil cakes.
> >
> > Oh, man - this is my type of cake: dense and intense. All it needs is
> > a dollop of whipped cream on the side... and a cup of coffee or tea.
> > It's going into the freezer and coming out for the playoff game this
> > weekend.

> Even though I probably can't eat it, that sounds *great*!!
>
> Might have to make it for the SO and others to enjoy on Australia Day
> (26th)..... and serve with plenty of whipped cream :-)

Happy Australia Day and enjoy! I'm using 2T of chopped rosemary next
time, IMO one wasn't enough. Also, I browned the nuts in 5 minute
increments. 5 minutes and stir. 10 minutes was enough.

--

Tell congress not to censor the web. Add your voice here.
https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/