Jorgoz Jorgoz is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwdjrxyz View Post
On Nov 21, 3:34*pm, DaleW wrote:[color=blue][i]
Many of the best true essencias made in recent years come from the
1999 and 2000 vintages. In general the 2000s will now drink better
than the 1999s which may be better in the long term but may be a
little harsh this early. The Royal Tokay 1999 can still be bought in
the US. The 1999 Szepsy is likely to be one of the most age worthy
essencias made in recent times, but it likely needs the most age you
can give it to be at the best. The only place I could find it online
was in France and in a store in Poland that did not ship.
@ cwdjrxyz:
I have two of Szepsy´s 1999 Essencia in my wineshop, but I do not have any technical data about it (residual sugar content etc.). Not even Mr Szepsy himself has records from the most of his 90´s wines anymore. I have the most of his 1989 - 2005 vintages, but no technical data from his early wines. Would be great if someone has info about that.

... you also wrote you have a 800 g/l Essencia. Is it the 2000 Essencia from Uri Borok?