Old 16-01-2012, 11:22 PM posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Nahe, Tuscany, Burg, and more

On 01/16/2012 01:08 AM, DaleW wrote:
2007 Roger Perrin "Cuvee Prestige" Cotes du Rhone After the sweet and
heavy CS, I flinched a bit at '07 S. Rhone, but this was not over the
top. Red fruit, full but not especially jammy, some underbrush, maybe
just a hint of brett. Tastes like a midbodied CdP, B

We liked this wine a lot, and bought a few cases. Some left but mostly
mags, which will be for the long haul.

It's made from old vines that go through the exact same vinification as
the CdP, just from a field a few meters outside the appellation.

When we first started buying this in the early 90s it was available en
vrac for about a buck a liter. You can still get it from the pump
although I guess it's closer to 5 EU now. The bottles of 2007 were
about 7 and a steal at that price.

cheers.

-E