Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

Default Propane versus Electric?

On 1/15/2012 10:42 PM, Kent wrote:

> "Sqwertz" wrote in message ...
>
> On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 15:10:35 -0800, Kent wrote:
>
>> After living with my Weber Smokey Mountain for the last two years I've
>> decided, in the peri-geezer phase of life to get something easier. I just
>> spent an hour cleaning the Weber and getting it started for two baby back
>> ribs.
>>
>> Have any gone to gas or electric and have recommendations? Have any
>> used the
>> electric Masterbuilt or the propane Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain?
>>
>> Thanks for any thoughts.

> My thoughts are -
>
> You have a bunch of hair-brained ideas that you will never attempt nor
> complete. Your ideas will live on in infamy.
>
> Which actually isn't to bad, all things considered. We will refer to
> your techniques often.
>
> -sw
>>

> Little Boy,
>
> Try to respond to my reasonable question, rather than glorifying
> yourself with you comments.
>
> Again, if you were going to not use charcoal, and you wanted to cook low
> over wood, what would be your choice?

It depends. What am I cooking? What are my other options for that day?
What rub am I using? Has the meat been marinated properly overnight in
my garage? Did the squirrels find it and nibble away at a snack?
See, lot's of questions to be answered first.

BBQ
--
Vegetarian

An old Indian term for poor hunter...