Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Gene Gene is offline

Default Propane versus Electric?

On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 15:10:35 -0800, "Kent" >
wrote:

>After living with my Weber Smokey Mountain for the last two years I've
>decided, in the peri-geezer phase of life to get something easier. I just
>spent an hour cleaning the Weber and getting it started for two baby back
>ribs.
>
>Have any gone to gas or electric and have recommendations? Have any used the
>electric Masterbuilt or the propane Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain?
>
>Thanks for any thoughts.
>
>Kent

Once again I am gonna hear some shit. Oh well.

I have had charcoal, gas and electric smokers. Loaned out my last gas
one and never got it back. Because I had just got the electric and,
well...

I now only have an electric. It IS insolated. It is made by Smoke
Mountain and I love it.

2 things to know up front. You will NOT get a smoke ring. The flavor
will be there. But no ring. Also, you will be limited as to how much
meat you can fit into it. But other wise, it does a very good job with
little effort.

I have come to the point where I do not wish to tend a fire all day,
but I still want good tasty Q. For ME and the ppl I cook for, this
works great. You still have to pay enough attention to your cook so
that things turn out right and so that you still feel like you are
doing somthing

Easy to maintain temps.

Nuf said.

Gene

It is a solemn thought: dead, the noblest man's meat is inferior to pork.
- More Maxims of Mark, Johnson, 1927
Mark Twain