Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Pope Steve Pope is offline

Default Stevia based sweeteners (Truvia, etc.)

Doug Freyburger > wrote:

>Gary wrote:

>> Cheap vodka will get you to that special place as well a good vodka. That's
>> assuming you can taste a difference. It all tastes like crap to me.

>In college we did a blind tasting of vodka shots. No one could tell any
>of the top shelf brands apart. No one could tell the discount brands
>apart. Only half could tell the top shelf brands from the bottom shelf
>brands. Fewer can tell the difference than think they can.
>
>> I worked with a fellow once that had good and cheap vodka. The first drink
>> was using the good stuff...from there he switched to the cheap stuff.

>Makes sense. Or if you drink very little vodka just get one bottle of
>any top shelf brand you can find on sale and use that.

One possible difference is that some vodkas are cleaner than others.
I once heard an assessment that Ketel One is the cleanest of the
major brands. I personally could agree with this. A couple that I
suspect of being less clean are Tito's and Belvedere. But my
assessments are less than scientific.

As far as taste goes, I do not think there is too much difference
between Ketel One, Stoli, and Grey Goose; whereas Effen is
possibly superior to any of these.

Steve