K. B.

Default Specific Gravity - Primary Fermentation

Keep it attached. Your yeasties seem to have plenty of oxygen. Also, dont
sweat the exact day you do the racking. The wine is very forgiving.

Congrats on starting your first batch!

KB

"Change is the law of life,
and those who look only to the past and present
are certain to miss the future."

"Brandon" > wrote in message
> Newbe question - I'm making wine for the first time using a wine kit and
> after reading some of the posts here, I'm not sure I should be using an
> air-lock during the primary fermentation as oxygen is required to assist

the
> yeast in converting the sugar into alcohol and SO2?
>
> According to the kit instructions, I should rack the wine into the

secondary