Brandon

Default Specific Gravity - Primary Fermentation

Newbe question - I'm making wine for the first time using a wine kit and
after reading some of the posts here, I'm not sure I should be using an
air-lock during the primary fermentation as oxygen is required to assist the
yeast in converting the sugar into alcohol and SO2?

According to the kit instructions, I should rack the wine into the secondary
when to Specific Gravity reaches 1.010 or less, which should occur from 5 to
7 days after the yeast is added.

Here are my current readings:

Day # Specific Gravity Temp of Must
1 1.080 76 F (Yeast Added)
2 1.070 72 F
3 Didn't Check 74 F
4 1.050 72 F

At the current rate, I'm guessing the wine should be ready to rack around
day 8? Should I remove the airlock or keep it attached?