Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default For one who shall remain nameless.....

BlueBrooke > wrote:
: On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 10:05:15 +1000, "Ozgirl"
: > wrote:

: >There are more ways than one one out of their misery without death.

: Must be another one of those cultural things. That's exactly what
: "putting them out of their misery" means to every vet I've ever been
: to.

I would agree here. I have never, in 75 years hear that expression
meanign anything but putting the animal down killing it, , etc. I have
never heard it to mean relieving its pain or any such thing , butonly
causing its death.

Perhaps in oz it has some other meaning that can be found in soe
dictionaries, but it is not found in use in the US as anyting but
euthanizing, or painless , prompt death.

Wendy