Sean

Default How to stop fermentation

What temperature is your carboy at? a lower temp may be dragging out
fermentation. You should let it ferment out on its own then kill the yeast
when the SG is below 1.000. I use a dose of sulphite in my fruit wines to
kill fermentation. Most kits will have finishing chemicals that contain
some sulphite to kill fermentation and clear the wine. If you bottled it
before all the sugar was consumed the yeast will keep eating the sugar in
the bottle and create CO2 and pop, pop, poppity, pop goes the corks.

Good Luck!

Sean

"Serenity" <serenity@nospamserenitynyespam off.fslife.co.uk> wrote in
message ...
> My wine has been bubbling away since last autumn.
> It is still bubbling away.
>
> How do I know when to stop it fermenting and how do I stop it please?
>
> Also how can I be sure it has stopped, cos I bottled one lot and it blew

the