Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion
Dutch Dutch is offline

Default WHY VEGANISM?

<dh@.> wrote i
> On Mon, 2 Jan 2012 14:16:56 -0800, "Dutch" > wrote:
>

>><dh@.> wrote in message ...
>>
>>> It would be a jump up for you
>>> in reality. I did it when I was a kid by watching my chickens for hours
>>> at
>>> time, until they chilled out and just did what they did and I could get
>>> an
>>> idea
>>> what life was like for them.

>>Is that when you decided it would be fun to raise roosters

> Nope.

When then?

>> to entertain you
>>and your redneck buddies by fighting each other in a pen?

> I never cared much for the fight, but loved the birds and loved raising
> them. I'm convinced they would rather fight for their life in a pit than
> be hung
> by their feet and have their throat slit, even if there's not a single
> eliminationist in the planet with enough intelligence to comprehend how
> that
> could possibly be the case.

You have no way of knowing what they would or would not prefer. Your opinion
is self-serving. I imagine they would prefer to go on living. I choose to
condone ending their lives to feed my family. It is sick and depraved to
get excited watching animals rip each apart. Anyone who would do or condone
such a thing is a pariah and a criminal.

<snip same old bullshit>