Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Julie

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> On 1/3/2012 12:00 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> I grew up in a house where many foods were disgusting. Both of my
>> parents
>> referred to foods as exactly that. And they still do. I was once told
>> that
>> the food I brought in from a taco place smelled like garbage. And my mom
>> used to insist that we eat oatmeal for breakfast then stand over us
>> making
>> faces and gagging noises and asking us how we could eat it? Is it any
>> wonder that I never learned to like the stuff?
>>
>> My maternal grandmother and her husband expressed similar disgusts for
>> many
>> foods and were very vocal about it. They refused to eat anything that
>> they
>> considered to be foreign and my step-grandpa would not touch a leftover
>> or
>> eat outdoors.
>>
>> So to me, referring to foods like that is a very normal thing.
>>

> and that is what is so sad........ food isn't disgusting and those
> behaviours aren't normal
>
> would a counselor help? i bet Angela would benefit too

WHATTTTTTT? OMFG! That is extremely insulting! Extremely! Just because I
grew up in a different manner than you did doesn't mean that it is
necessarily wrong. Some food is disgusting to *me*. It certainly is and
you can't tell me otherwise. There are such things as picky eaters. I know
a whole lot of them.

Angela and I eat a balanced diet given our food allergies. I don't *have*
to like everything you like. And just because *I* don't like something
doesn't make it "sad".