Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Evelyn Evelyn is offline

Default Julie

On Tue, 3 Jan 2012 00:07:02 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
>> "Ozgirl" > wrote:
>>> "Cheri" > wrote in message
>>> [ . . . . ]
>>> I will just point out one thing Cheri. Low carb doesn't always fit in
>>> with gastroparesis. We have to keep remembering that. [ . . . . ]

>> We HAVE to keep remembering that? Who is this 'we' of whom you speak?

>There are many people here who say that if one would only low carb, their BG
>would come down. Susan is one of them.

For some people it seems to work out that way.

Not everyone is capable of it, nor does it agree with everyone's body
chemistry. But if it does, and your BG's improve, why not try it?

In my case I developed a host of other issues all of a sudden when I
low carbed. My doctor urged me to eat SOME.

There is one thing I absolutely know for sure; If you have diabetes,
even if you don't cut out the carbs, CONTROLLING the actual amount of
carbs you eat, is essential.

It is carbohydrates which our bodies can no longer handle properly.

No more than the equivelant of one slice of bread or 1/2 cup of rice
or potatoes per meal works best for me. ONE small piece of fruit
twice a day.

No more eating whatever I want anymore and mindlessly stuffing my
face.

Evelyn