Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Tiger Lily Tiger Lily is offline

Default Julie

On 1/2/2012 10:10 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

> "Tiger Lily" > wrote in message

>>> I think frankness between friends is good. I would tell you if your butt
>>> looked too big in that pair of pants (if you asked...)

>>> I fully understand you being frustrated but there is a always a but.
>>> Here's how I see this whole Julie and help thing:
>>>
>>> How many times must a person say they don't want help before everyone
>>> else takes her request on board? I think a lot of frustration could be
>>> avoided if all of us (me included) respected her wishes not to receive
>>> help unless she asks for it. How many times would it take a person
>>> receiving unsolicited advice (after repeatedly asking people not to)
>>> before that person becomes frustrated, angry or any other emotion? I
>>> quite frankly would have spat the dummy years ago if it were me.
>>>
>>> I am sure we all have something in our lives, past or present, where we
>>> have requested others not to do something. We have expectations of
>>> having our wishes respected. Susan for example had a major spit at
>>> having her posts being archived in other people's posts and having one
>>> of my posts shown in all its glory for her to see because I am
>>> killfiled. Point taken.
>>>
>>> Robert obviously didn't know the ramifications of posting (or was it
>>> referring to) Wendy's post in a message with the subject "Julie". I'd
>>> say by now he probably does Wendy didn't refer to any specific
>>> person.

>> yup, you said it Jan
>>
>> however......... lol.......... what do you do then?????
>>
>> i've set the filters to mark as read......... that way i can look but
>> it reminds me 'don't say anything, she doesn't want any help'

> As I said elsewhere, its human nature to want to help people (for most
> people anyway). Wait til you have your first grandchild You will be
> biting your tongue many times. Knowing you should leave the younguns to
> decided what's best for their baby but also wanting so much to say
> something Think of this as good practice for what is down the track
> for you

Oh, my job as a grandma will be to spoil the child rotten............ no
one will spank Grandma for that! LOL
and yes, i can imagine i'll have some opinions i need to keep to
myself........ having said that....... all things being equal..........
i hope it's oh, 7 yrs or more before i need to worry about that

ya, teenlet is madly in love, and, i have to say she is a sweetheart,
they have very similar temperments/tolerances and they simply cherish
each other............ smitten is the word i'm looking for, i believe
(whimper, won't tell you how long it took me to get over that, he's my
BABY!!!! and he's a young adult that can/will leave me if i'm not
treading carefully)

>> having said that, i think it's attention that she wants, as she will
>> spit the dummy if she doesn't get attention for her rants as well

> Well I must say I haven't noticed Julie spitting under those
> circumstances. Not to say she hasn't, I just haven't seen it.

It's good to know that just ignoring her will help her. That the entire
purpose is just to vent. Having said that, i just posted about
Moussaka, wanna bet i hear "ewwww, that's too slimey and greasy for me,
there is NO WAY i could ever eat that AWFUL sludge". I love her idea of
support............ it's not all about JULIE!!!!! what a concept
(evasive, but a concept)

ya, that was snarky of me, but it also is the truth

>> i just see a very sad/lonely/impossible to make happy person..... and
>> that's sad as there are so many people who have tried to help
>> (including YOU!)

> Or.... you could say she is different Different is not wrong, its
> just different. "Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And
> if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them.
> Dalai Lama". http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/au...alai_lama.html
>
>> oh well, give it a rest and maybe read again later

> Or not (remembering Quentin's words.. he would say something "is"
> unless "its not" - never a truer word spoken! lol). I have found in the
> past that changing one's perception of a situation works better than
> thinking a situation has to be black/white, right/wrong.

I'm in the age of 'grey' LOL

It's because i can see/relate to both sides of the convo that i get into
trouble when i try........... why do i try? oh well

kate