Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ozgirl Ozgirl is offline

Default Julie

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> On 1/2/2012 6:21 PM, Ozgirl wrote:
>> IDGAF, lol, I like that one. Day for acronyms!

> grin, an Aussie friend of mine taught me that acronym
>
>> Reactions to other
>> people's words come in all shapes and sizes. Some people take words
>> heart, I tend to take most things as being water off a duck's back.
>> But
>> you will know if something ever hits that rare raw nerve of mine

> You could say you pretty much know exactly where you stand with me at
> any given time......... i'm pretty open and direct......... or is that
> brutally honest.... fine line there LOL

I think frankness between friends is good. I would tell you if your
butt looked too big in that pair of pants (if you asked...)

>> I believe a raw nerve for me has only been hit twice in all my years
>> in
>> usenet. One was about Jasmine many years ago and the other more
>> recent.
>> FWIW I see you as being frustrated not angry.

> yup, total frustration, not angry, but totally frustrated and well....
> why do i bang my head against the wall?? it feels so good when i
> stop! LOL
>
> and ya, i can be patient as a saint and i can have a fuse that's 5
> seconds...... i never know when it will be the 5 second fuse (well, i
> have a pretty good idea, but, i'm not telling........ and i know you
> know what will cause me to have a 5 sec fuse) LOL
>
> kate (frustrated, for the record)

I fully understand you being frustrated but there is a always a but.
Here's how I see this whole Julie and help thing:

How many times must a person say they don't want help before everyone
else takes her request on board? I think a lot of frustration could be
avoided if all of us (me included) respected her wishes not to receive
help unless she asks for it. How many times would it take a person
receiving unsolicited advice (after repeatedly asking people not to)
before that person becomes frustrated, angry or any other emotion? I
quite frankly would have spat the dummy years ago if it were me.

I am sure we all have something in our lives, past or present, where we
have requested others not to do something. We have expectations of
having our wishes respected. Susan for example had a major spit at
having her posts being archived in other people's posts and having one
of my posts shown in all its glory for her to see because I am
killfiled. Point taken.

Robert obviously didn't know the ramifications of posting (or was it
referring to) Wendy's post in a message with the subject "Julie". I'd
say by now he probably does Wendy didn't refer to any specific
person.