Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Tiger Lily Tiger Lily is offline

Default Julie

On 1/2/2012 5:19 PM, Ozgirl wrote:

> "Tiger Lily" > wrote in message

>>> Cheri, we don't know Julie personally. I feel we should all start taking
>>> Julie as she is. Probably the bottom line here is that she rarely asks
>>> for advice but likes to vent. I know its human nature to want to help
>>> but I feel if a person doesn't ask for help why should they be abused if
>>> they won't accept unwanted help? On Julie's part I think perhaps you
>>> *could* (not saying *should*) choose your wording more carefully when
>>> answering people. Some definitely do mean well, others don't. I
>>> personally would ignore those I know are only here for the argument and
>>> perhaps change my answering style for the ones who genuinely do care.
>>>
>>> In this thread I personally would have said (if I was in your shoes, and
>>> of course I'm not) "thanks Wendy, I will look into it" and leave it
>>> there. For an analogy, we don't ask for Xmas and birthday gifts etc but
>>> there are two ways we can receive them - with graciousness (whether we
>>> find the gift useful or whatever) or with an attitude of "why would you
>>> think I want a gift, especially this one...". The intent of the giver is
>>> almost always good. In UseNet not always good intent but those people
>>> are easier to weed out and delete than family and friends
>>>
>>> At the end of the day of course, we will all post how we want but I'd
>>> rather see a bit more tolerance in the groups personally.

>> Jan, i think you hit the nail on the head. It's the lack of
>> graciousness and the accusatory fashion that Julie will delve off into
>> that will get the best of me.... like last night when i didn't agree
>> with her, so she felt i was angry
>>
>> no....... not at all, but i did get angry soon after that!
>>
>> perhaps it's best if i just don't reply to Julie's 'venting'
>> wait, or bother to read it either

> Remember being told as a child to count to ten before action?
> Although I did whack someone in grade 4, put they whacked first...

it sort of all went S when Julie asked "what post??? there isn't
anything i need to know, yada"

i calmly and politely indicated the subject matter that she might have
found to be of interest

and things went downhill rather quickly after that.......... i should
have recognized the IDGAF 'tude she was displaying

guess that means it's 'my bad' that i didn't anticipate Julie's next
reaction(s)??

ya, don't answer is probably best.... that's where i left it when she
informed me i was angry with her

???????
right

i'm not angry, i just don't need to waste my time on that kind of shitty
'tude

kate