Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ozgirl Ozgirl is offline

Default Julie

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message

>>> Who said it was easy? Personally, I think you're one of those who
>>> has taken the EASY way these many years while your health continues
>>> to deteriorate. If you actually got down to finding real solutions
>>> instead of making excuses at every turn, you would probably find
>>> many of them, but it's not easy, especially when you say (very often
>>> in fact) that you are "not looking for advice or solutions" so there
>>> you have it. JMO

>> Oh seriously? You think I have taken the easy way? You think having
>> to go on insulin and still not seeing lower numbers is the easy way?
>> Okay then!
>>
>> You think I haven't looked for REAL solutions? Okay then! Glad it
>> is so EASY for you to just low carb. That honestly doesn't work for
>> me at all. And I have tried. But... Whatever. I know what you
>> think of me now.

> It really irritates me when people make statements like you did that
> it's "so easy" for others to control their BG, so I thought I'd answer
> in kind. I'm on Lantus now, but a very small dosage along with low
> carb. If I ate anything I wanted all the time, I'd have some really
> high numbers requiring fast acting insulin as well. I believe you said
> you take both now? Anyway, you had your say, I had my say...that's
> enough.
>
> Cheri

I will just point out one thing Cheri. Low carb doesn't always fit in
with gastroparesis. We have to keep remembering that. To stop the
nausea, vomiting and horrible full feeling something has to give. In
this case its the low carb that has to go. I personally think it would
be way harder to try and control when one of the best tools of success
is not not available to us. If I had to choose between gastroparesis and
having to eat low carb I know which would be the easier option. Low
carbing is a battle for some, I know that, but at least we have that
option open to us.