Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ozgirl Ozgirl is offline

Default Julie

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>
>> Apparently nobody else here has the same problems that I do. I am
>> glad it is so easy for them to control their BG. It isn't for me.
>> And I haven't found the solution yet.

> Who said it was easy? Personally, I think you're one of those who has
> taken the EASY way these many years while your health continues to
> deteriorate. If you actually got down to finding real solutions
> instead of making excuses at every turn, you would probably find many
> of them, but it's not easy, especially when you say (very often in
> fact) that you are "not looking for advice or solutions" so there you
> have it. JMO
>
> Cheri

Cheri, we don't know Julie personally. I feel we should all start taking
Julie as she is. Probably the bottom line here is that she rarely asks
for advice but likes to vent. I know its human nature to want to help
but I feel if a person doesn't ask for help why should they be abused if
they won't accept unwanted help? On Julie's part I think perhaps you
*could* (not saying *should*) choose your wording more carefully when
answering people. Some definitely do mean well, others don't. I
personally would ignore those I know are only here for the argument and
perhaps change my answering style for the ones who genuinely do care.

In this thread I personally would have said (if I was in your shoes, and
of course I'm not) "thanks Wendy, I will look into it" and leave it
there. For an analogy, we don't ask for Xmas and birthday gifts etc but
there are two ways we can receive them - with graciousness (whether we
find the gift useful or whatever) or with an attitude of "why would you
think I want a gift, especially this one...". The intent of the giver is
almost always good. In UseNet not always good intent but those people
are easier to weed out and delete than family and friends

At the end of the day of course, we will all post how we want but I'd
rather see a bit more tolerance in the groups personally.