Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Tiger Lily Tiger Lily is offline

Default Do you have a Christmas Menu?

On 12/29/2011 3:32 AM, RodS wrote:
> I just harvested my huge crop of tomatoes grown in a couple of those
> hanging basket things well maybe huge is a slight exaggeration total of
> 3 golf ball size ones :-) Hoping for more success with the strawberries
> this winter.

priceless!

tomato crops vary widely for us

some years, we do nothing and get 60 lbs from 4 bushes....... other
years we are 'perfect' gardeners and the weather doesn't cooperate and
we get 15 tomatoes (not lbs) LOL

we now have raised gardens against the concrete on the S side of the
house.......this increases the soil temp for the tomato roots and
increases production as well

Mom is in an apartment now, so she does the hanging tomato plants and
gets a bounty of fruit from those plants

next year will be better, i'm sure

kate