Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Pepper Grinder Torque?

On Tue, 27 Dec 2011 13:55:40 -0800 (PST), Chemo the Clown
> wrote:

> On Dec 27, 1:44*pm, dsi1 > wrote:
> > On 12/27/2011 10:18 AM, sf wrote:
> >

> > A guy from Texas sent me a small medicine bottle of dried chile piquin.
> > These are about the same size as peppercorns but they are rather hot. I
> > used to add them whole to my bowls of chili and savor the little bombs
> > of intense heat that lasted a few seconds and then faded rapidly away.
> > The guy was a little surprised that I ate them whole because the
> > Mexicans crush them before they sprinkle it on their food. What the
> > heck, it works for me.
> >
> > If you like intense heat, you should experience these. The ones I'm
> > talking about are the round, dry, ones not the elongated ones. I wish I
> > could carry them with me everywhere to liven up boring dishes.

> Well, there's no reason you can't take them wherever you want.

He probably can't get them in Hawaii and if he's anything like me, he
counts shipping as part of the cost; so they're probably out of the
question as far as money goes.
--

Ham and eggs.
A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.