Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan

Default How cruel is leather?

On 12/27/2011 3:08 PM, Jahbulon wrote:
> George > wrote in
> :
>
>>> From which other animals is leather harvested?

>> Are you incapable of keying the word "leather" into a search engine and

> I wanted an answer dealing with group issues, posted to
> alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian.

"group issues" - what's that supposed to mean?

>> No, it isn't. No one who writes in (more or less)
>> grammatically correct English as you do can exhibit
>> such utter ignorance of livestock husbandry and the
>> products obtained from livestock.

> You would - I hope - be amazed at how crap some people's educations can be.
> My school was adjacent to a cattle farm, but I have no idea what happens to
> them apart from what I've seen on television. One of my former teachers is
> currently serving 21 years for child abuse.

No matter how crappy your formal education, the questions you're asking
make you seem not just poorly educated, but frankly clueless, and
seemingly incapable of doing the normal information-seeking that the
vast majority of people find easy and routine.

>>> I hear they still boil lobsters alive.

>> I thought you were interested in leather?

> Yes.
>
>> Do you not know anything about the production of meat?

> Apart from the obvious, probably not. I saw a television programme in the
> middle of the year that claimed the average Hot Dog has 0% meat, so maybe
> I'm not alone.

Hot dogs and most other sausages are primarily meat. You need better
news sources.