Posted to rec.food.cooking
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default Do You Fix Certain Foods On New Year's Day (For Good Luck)?

On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 22:39:05 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 16:59:56 -0900, (Judy Haffner)
>wrote:
>

>>Do you have a certain type of food you fix every single year on that
>>day, and have you even heard of this being done before?
>>
>>Judy

>Pork roast. Been doing it for about 45 years. Will do it again next
>week.

That's what I prepare for New Years Eve dinner, I have three different
pork roasts to choose from; bone-in center cut loin, bone-in end cut
loin, and a boneless half pork loin.. all on sale last week at
$1.99/lb, couldn't decide so bought one of each. I'm not sure which
to defrost but I'm leaning towards the boneless roast, even thinking
to braise it in beer with kraut and apples... cats won't like it but I
don't always cook for them.