Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan
Jahbulon Jahbulon is offline

Default How cruel is leather?

dh@. wrote in :

> The meat industry provides life for the animals that
> it slaughters, and the animals live and die as a
> result of it as animals do in other habitats.

I'm sure that's true, but would you say it's okay to be cruel to a human
being, provided that human would not have been created were it not for the
cruelty, which it is genuinely believed will relieve more suffering than it
creates? If living creatures are not created, they don't suffer, do they?

> From the life and death of a thousand pound grass
> raised steer and whatever he happens to kill during
> his life, people get over 500 pounds of human
> consumable meat...that's well over 500 servings of
> meat.

You would not say the same about child sex abuser thinking of creating a
baby for his own purposes, would you?

--
Praise be to Jahbulon, holy god of Royal Arch Freemasons
http://www.freemasonrywatch.org/jahbulon.html

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you,
then they fight you, then you win"