Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion
dh@. dh@. is offline

Default WHY VEGANISM?

On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 16:52:14 -0800, "Dutch" > wrote:

><dh@.> wrote in message ...
>> On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 14:59:54 -0800, "Dutch" > wrote:
>>
>>>A person who consumes no animal products
>>>has no connection to the treatment of livestock

>> They only contribute to the deaths of wildlife with their lifestyle

>Vegan agriculture also supports wildlife.

"Wild animals on average suffer more than farm animals,
I think that's obvious." - "Dutch"

>>but veganism does nothing for livestock.

>That's not true, less demand may lead to less crowding and slower factory
>lines

More likely it would go the other way.

>, that helps livestock. Consuming meat doesn't help them.

"Every consumer choice promotes animals to experience
life." - Dutch

"I am fully aware that billions of animals exist only because
humans raise them for food, that's obvious." - "Dutch"

"The method of husbandry determines whether or not the life
has positive or negative value to the animal." - "Dutch"

"Good "lives" (sequences of physical and mental
experiences) are beneficial to animals." - "Dutch"