Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bryan[_6_] Bryan[_6_] is offline

Default Integrating bacon into a healthy lifestyle?

On Dec 24, 12:51*pm, "Christopher M." >
wrote:
> I love the smell of bacon. It helps me to focus my thoughts, and remember
> stuff. But I don't want to cook/eat it every day.
>
> What are some things that I could do to integrate the smell of bacon into my
> healthy lifestyle?

Bacon is healthy to begin with. Pork fat is EXTREMELY low in myristic
acid, and the palmitic acid is balanced out by a good portion of
linoleic acid.

-------
According to the World Health Organization, evidence is "convincing"
that consumption of palmitic acid increases risk of developing
cardiovascular diseases, placing it in the same evidence category as
trans fatty acids. The report does not cite any studies that actually
found a link between palmitic acid intake and patient outcomes.[9]
Another study showed that palmitic acid has no hypercholesterolaemic
effect if intake of linoleic acid, an essential fatty acid, is greater
than 4.5% of energy. On the other hand, it was shown that, if the diet
contains trans fatty acids, the health effects are negative, causing
an LDL cholesterol increase and HDL cholesterol decrease.
source-- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palmitic_acid
--------

> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

--Bryan