Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Tiger Lily Tiger Lily is offline

Default Favorite things to do with onions?

On 12/20/2011 12:06 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> > wrote in message
>> i honestly don't remember their color, just the taste lol, Lee

> The picture here shows yellow. I have bought them, but here we have the
> Walla Walla which IMO is one of the best sweet onions. So if I want a sweet
> onion that's what I usually buy.

the Walla Walla grow very nicely in Victoria as well

must be a soil/rain combination........... mom & dad have brought 'well
underway' Walla Walla's out to Calgary.............. they turn to a
different onion flavour and don't grow near as big as the monster's that
grow in Victoria

Dad (when he was alive) was very competitive with a family friend Gary,
and they typically alternated years when whom won over the other........
the initial sharing of secrets became "secrets" again as they refined
the process and lost to the other by 1/4 inch less circumference or one
being 1/2 ounce heavier than the other

LOL

kate