Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Susan[_6_] Susan[_6_] is offline

Default Do you have a Christmas Menu?

x-o-archive: yes

On 12/20/2011 5:39 PM, Jacquie wrote:
> In the "OLD" days you didn't get housing or housing money until you were
> a certain rank. Yes we got free medical care, but in those days it
> wasn't very good medical care, today is much better. There are still
> young families that qualify for food stamps. When hubby first went in
> there was no such thing as cost of living raises....that didn't happen
> until the early 80's .. Here is a Base Pay Chart for 2012
> http://www.militaryfactory.com/military_pay_scale.asp

I think some folks say different things on different days, too.

There was recent discussion of both past and present, and inconsistency
galore.

Yes, there are still young military families who qualify for food stamps
and whose military income provides only marginal QOL. The medical care
seems to vary a great deal. I know some military and retired military
who are very happy with their care and others who're receiving terrible
care and advice from the VA med centers.

Susan