Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Do you have a Christmas Menu?

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> so many people are struggling and somebody at food banks finally figured
> out that people could keep their pets and feed them if they took
> donations, without that people either surrender their animals or use food
> they could be eating to give to the animals, which helps nobody's
> nutrition... don't get me wrong, if your animals will ea t leftovers and
> they are otherwise healthy it doesn't hurt a single thing to supplement
> say a dog or cat with mashed potatoes and gravy if they will eat it, but
> that should only be a supplement, Lee

Except if there's onions in there. Funny thing is in the old days that is
all the animals got. There was no pet food.

Maui LOVED mashed potatoes. That was one of her favorite foods. The two
cats we have now don't seem to recognize human food as being edible to them.
I have tried to feed them meat. They won't have it. But Ballerina has
shown interest occasionally in what Angela is eating. She will look excited
and sniff it. But they never beg like Maui did. Heck, she would just hit
me with her paw until I gave her what she wanted.