Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Do you have a Christmas Menu?

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> what a great attitude, when i was a kid there were a few years where
> parents didn't have a lot of money, so daddy would present us with a list
> of things to choose from and we all got one family gift, the only one i
> remember is the year we choose the pool table... pricey if purchased, but
> my dad went to a pool supply house and bought felt, slate cups, and
> accessories, and built the actual table, i was little enough i let older
> brother talk me into it not having a clue what it was... its now living in
> the basement at my moms and is over fourty years old and in great
> condition because he has replaced the felt and rubbers a few times. Lee

I didn't realize it when I was a kid but most of what Santa gave us were
necessary items. Pajamas, maybe a robe, always socks and underwear. Once
in a while I would get a new dress and my brother would usually get pants
and a shirt. Toothbrushes in our stockings.

When Angela was little she always expected Santa to put things in all of our
stockings. For mine I would either buy things that I knew I would be
needing or I would find extras of things around the house and just put them
in there. She never knew. She just thought Santa did a good job of giving
me what I needed!