Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Tiger Lily Tiger Lily is offline

Default Favorite things to do with onions?

On 12/19/2011 8:23 AM, Robert Miles wrote:
> On 12/10/2011 2:56 AM, Tiger Lily wrote:

>>> Sometimes when I am out of lettuce and we are having Italian, I will
>>> slice onions and tomatoes and marinate in a nice Italian dressing. Nope
>>> there is not much I cook without some kind of onion.
>>> When I make baked or fried cheese I sometimes add sliced green onions.
>>> Or I will make a cheese crisp with a low carb tortilla, and add green
>>> onion to it. I will brown chicken for fajitas and slice onions and
>>> caramelize them slightly , then mix then together and add cheese and
>>> make quesadillas with that mixture, serve it with sour cream and lettuce
>>> tomato and salsa.
>>> Do you have a recipe for the mustard and Vidalia dressing?
>>>

>> unfortunately, i'm desperately looking for the Vidalia/Mustard recipe
>>
>> the farm that the onions first came from has a brand name (now forgotten
>> or name lost) and they sold their salad dressing via Costco............
>> we stocked up, but everyone LOVED the dressing and we gave them a fresh
>> bottle
>>
>> now, Costco doesn't have them
>>
>> they are E coast USA based
>>
>> kate

> You might check if one of these gives the recipe you want:
>
>> http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/ho...lia_sauce.html

>> http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/vida...0000001173730/

>> http://www.yummly.com/recipes/vidali...stard-dressing

>> http://www.yummly.com/recipes/vidali...-honey-mustard

>> http://mcclainsgourmet.com/recipes/h...en-salad-.html
>>

> Note, however, that these recipes tend to have honey or sugar near
> the start of the list of ingredients.
>
> Robert Miles

ty Robert

while sugar is a main component of this dressing, it pours thing enough
(versus 1,000 Island for example) that a 1/2 tablespoon goes a LONG way
to dressing a large bowl of salad, and the dressing has lots of flavour
as well, again, don't need lots of it

it's a nice change to the various balsamic or sun dried tomato type
dressings that we also enjoy

i'm still trying to find the garlic/bacon ranch dressing we stumbled
upon to 'try out' and it is amazing on spinach/pickled beet/shredded
carrot/whatever i feel like salad

kate