Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ozgirl Ozgirl is offline

Default Do you have a Christmas Menu?

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>> No plans. We are postponing Christmas for a few months so we can have
>> something decent rather than half-arsed. I believe some young friends
>> and their toddler are coming over Christmas Eve for a BBQ but they
>> are just bringing a bit of meat and whatevers for themselves and my
>> boys can get what they want. My ex did say his girlfriend will bring
>> a ham and some cooked chickens over Christmas Day so probably throw a
>> salad together if they stay, which they probably will. We had dessert
>> lined up last year and no one ate any as we were too full and the ex
>> and his GF moved on to her daughter's house after eating here. I
>> might just get some fruit and we can cut it up if necessary.

> My mom seems to have an idea that holidays are causing my dad to have
> brain bleeds. So we have to minimize what we do. I think it is more
> a matter of her not wanting to do much. But I could be wrong.

Either way, its the family get together that's more important than the
type of food or how much time is spent on making it special. Xmas can be
traumatic for a variety of reasons. We are absolutely stone broke this
Xmas but I am not depressed about it, as I know that we will get to do
Xmas, just not on Xmas Day . All family members have stated they are
not fussed about presents or a big Xmas spread etc. My one exception is
to fill a Santa bag and stocking for Jasmine.