Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Jacquie Jacquie is offline

Default Do you have a Christmas Menu?

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>> No plans. We are postponing Christmas for a few months so we can have
>> something decent rather than half-arsed. I believe some young friends and
>> their toddler are coming over Christmas Eve for a BBQ but they are just
>> bringing a bit of meat and whatevers for themselves and my boys can get
>> what they want. My ex did say his girlfriend will bring a ham and some
>> cooked chickens over Christmas Day so probably throw a salad together if
>> they stay, which they probably will. We had dessert lined up last year
>> and no one ate any as we were too full and the ex and his GF moved on to
>> her daughter's house after eating here. I might just get some fruit and
>> we can cut it up if necessary.

> My mom seems to have an idea that holidays are causing my dad to have
> brain bleeds. So we have to minimize what we do. I think it is more a
> matter of her not wanting to do much. But I could be wrong.

There comes a day when we older ones no longer want to "DO" holidays....A
few years ago I passed the holiday wand to my Daughter and Daughter In-law,
so I no longer had to do all of the holiday stuff. Now all I do is buy gifts
and enjoy the holidays and watch them run around all harried...LOL. No I do
help out but no longer have all of it on my shoulders. I do serve New Years
Day Dinner. We usually have Pork Roast and Sauerkraut on that day.