Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default All of my stoneware's glaze is cracking

On Sat, 10 Dec 2011 23:29:38 -0800 (PST), phaeton
> wrote:

>On Dec 10, 6:28*pm, Melba's Jammin' >
>wrote:
>> In article
>> >,
>>
>> *phaeton > wrote:
>> > I do use these in the microwave, but the bottom of the plates and
>> > bowls all say "dishwasher & microwave safe", so go figure?

>> > -J

>> So, have you taken them to someone who can do something about it? *Like
>> the place where you bought them? * If they're only six months old, seems
>> like Penneys out to lick that calf.
>>

>They're actually over 3 years old (almost 4 now that I count it up).
>The cracks started forming in the last 6 months.
>
>-J

Know anyone with a ceramic kiln? If so, have them re-fire the pieces.
They are probably dry footed already and just have to be put on a
shelf. The glaze will melt and re-join. Gets rid of stains in coffee
cups too.