Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dimitri Dimitri is offline

Default The score at the store is not always a score

The other day I was in Sprouts and they were closing out 2 #2 bags of real
Arborio rice at 99 cents per bag. I gobbled up the bags.

I also decided to but some mushrooms just in case.

# 2 daughter & new grandson are with us for a while and she's a cheese
freak.

This was a golden opportunity to make some mushroom risotto.

Then I though about the gorgonzola cheese in the fridge. So I looked up a
mushroom & gorgonzola risotto recipe. So 1.50 worth of chicken stock about
$3.00 worth of parmesan reggiano and 4.00 worth of Gorgonzola and a couple
of bucks of mushrooms later I made good use of my 75 cents of bargain rice.
( not to mention the 1/2 cup of white wine and a few other ingredients)

Maybe next time I'll think twice - but it was awfully good.

Dimitri

..