Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Jacquie Jacquie is offline

Default Favorite things to do with onions?

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> On 12/7/2011 3:01 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> I love onions. I put them in nearly everything. My favorite are the
>> white
>> onions but currently I have yellow ones because they were cheap.
>>
>> What do you like to do with onions?

> - Greek Salad
>
> - Marinated with tomatoes as a spin on greek salad
>
> - onions, garlic, mushrooms and lastly tomatoes with sweet basil stir
> fried
>
> - green onions, bacon into scrambled eggs
>
> - vidalia onion & mustard salad dressing (yum)
>
> - trying to think of a meal that onions don't go with..... raw in
> hamburgers, cooked into spaghet sauces, curry, meatloaf, shepherds pie,
> chicken pot pie, mongolian hot pot.....sliced and put into a casserole
> with mushroom soup over pork chops... as a side to steak, yum

Sometimes when I am out of lettuce and we are having Italian, I will slice
onions and tomatoes and marinate in a nice Italian dressing. Nope there is
not much I cook without some kind of onion.
When I make baked or fried cheese I sometimes add sliced green onions. Or I
will make a cheese crisp with a low carb tortilla, and add green onion to
it. I will brown chicken for fajitas and slice onions and caramelize them
slightly , then mix then together and add cheese and make quesadillas with
that mixture, serve it with sour cream and lettuce tomato and salsa.
Do you have a recipe for the mustard and Vidalia dressing?