Old 08-12-2011, 09:59 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
merryb merryb is offline

Default Made a new Christmas Candy this year: Eggnog Truffles!

On Dec 8, 12:58*pm, John Kuthe wrote:
On Dec 8, 2:37*pm, merryb wrote:

On Dec 8, 11:10*am, John Kuthe wrote:

On Dec 8, 11:57*am, merryb wrote:

Hey- chill out! Just offering my opinion. BTW, I'm sure I've made many
more truffles than you have, and know the work involved. I'm saying
that I would use the real thing if I'm going to all the work of making
them...

Hand made? Once a year, especially and ONLY for Christmas?

Or do you sell them.

John Kuthe...

Yes, by hand, and usually this time of year. And I don't sell them
unless someone special orders some from me. Even tho milk chocolate is
not my favorite, I love Callebut's. I have a friend that has a
chocolate shop in the neighboring town, so I may see if he has some to
sell me, but I know he is into the organic free trade stuff. I know
tempering can be a PIA, but I think it's worth it...

How many you make? I'm roughly 1/2 way though my annual Christmas
production and here's my tally thus far:

65% dark truffles: 169
English Toffee: 360
57% dark truffles: 130
Coconut: 213
Eggnog truffles: 164

John Kuthe...

Not as many as you, but I do a lot of baking also. Wow- nowhere as
many as you!