Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Favorite things to do with onions?

Tiger Lily > wrote:
: On 12/7/2011 3:01 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
: > I love onions. I put them in nearly everything. My favorite are the white
: > onions but currently I have yellow ones because they were cheap.
: >
: > What do you like to do with onions?

: - Greek Salad

: - Marinated with tomatoes as a spin on greek salad

: - onions, garlic, mushrooms and lastly tomatoes with sweet basil stir fried

: - green onions, bacon into scrambled eggs

: - vidalia onion & mustard salad dressing (yum)

: - trying to think of a meal that onions don't go with..... raw in
: hamburgers, cooked into spaghet sauces, curry, meatloaf, shepherds pie,
: chicken pot pie, mongolian hot pot.....sliced and put into a casserole
: with mushroom soup over pork chops... as a side to steak, yum

How about thinly sliced with cream cheese and smoked salmon on a low carg
pita in lieu of the bagel?

Wendy