Posted to rec.food.cooking
merryb merryb is offline

Default Made a new Christmas Candy this year: Eggnog Truffles!

On Dec 8, 11:10*am, John Kuthe > wrote:
> On Dec 8, 11:57*am, merryb > wrote:
>

> > Hey- chill out! Just offering my opinion. BTW, I'm sure I've made many
> > more truffles than you have, and know the work involved. I'm saying
> > that I would use the real thing if I'm going to all the work of making
> > them...

> Hand made? Once a year, especially and ONLY for Christmas?
>
> Or do you sell them.
>
> John Kuthe...

Yes, by hand, and usually this time of year. And I don't sell them
unless someone special orders some from me. Even tho milk chocolate is
not my favorite, I love Callebut's. I have a friend that has a
chocolate shop in the neighboring town, so I may see if he has some to
sell me, but I know he is into the organic free trade stuff. I know
tempering can be a PIA, but I think it's worth it...