Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Favorite things to do with onions?

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>> I love onions. I put them in nearly everything. My favorite are the
>> white onions but currently I have yellow ones because they were cheap.
>>
>> What do you like to do with onions?

> Red onions in salads for me. White or brown in cooked stuff. I use onions
> pretty much every day. Lunch & dinner salads plus in every savoury dish I
> make. Sometimes have them fried with steak especially if bbq'ing. I also
> make onion gravy (brown gravy with lightly fried onions). Nice with
> sausages. I roast them whole with roast meats.

Thanks! I try to put red onions in salads but they are often overwhelming.
The best salads I ever had were in Half Moon Bay CA and thereabouts. Two
restaurants there used very thinly sliced onions. I don't know if they
soaked them in cold water or what but they came out tasting sweet and not
hot.