Posted to alt.food.wine
Joseph Coulter[_9_] Joseph Coulter[_9_] is offline

Default OT - In Memorium (Attn Mark Lipton)

On Wed, 7 Dec 2011 10:34:50 +0100, "Anders Tørneskog"
> wrote:

>"Mark Lipton" > skrev i melding
>> On 12/6/11 2:44 PM, DaleW wrote:
>>
>>> I have to admit that it gave me a start (I was on phone and half
>>> paying attn) when my brain registered "in memorium Mark Lipton"

>> LOL!! If you think that that particular misreading gave *you* a start...
>>
>> ;-)
>> Mark Lipton
>> ("I'm not dead yet!")
>>

>> --
>> alt.food.wine FAQ: http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

>Forgive this European, but is 'In memorium' American English? That gave me
>a start... :-)
>
>Anders

It is certainly American in usage, but coming from our good mate from
down under, I would surmise it is fairly universal despite its Latin
look, for" in memory of".