Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.animals.rights.promotion
dh@. dh@. is offline

Default WHY VEGANISM?

On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 20:02:11 GMT, and/or www.mantra.com/jai
(Dr. Jai Maharaj) wrote:

>Denton Vegan Cooperative
>
>Why Veganism?
>
>For compassion, the environment, your health, the future.
>
>Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things,
>man will not himself find peace.
>
>- Albert Schweitzer, French philosopher, physician, and musician
>(Nobel 1952)
>
>A man can live and be healthy without killing animals for food;
>therefore, if he eats meat, he participates in taking animal life
>merely for the sake of his appetite. And to act so is immoral.
>
>- Leo Tolstoy, Russian novelist (1828-1910)

· Since the animals we raise for food would not be alive
if we didn't raise them for that purpose, it's a distortion of
reality not to take that fact into consideration whenever
we think about the fact that the animals are going to be
killed. The animals are not being cheated out of any part
of their life by being raised for food, but instead they are
experiencing whatever life they get as a result of it. ·

- David Harrison, American anti-eliminationist